Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A (comedic performance in the) typical day in the life of yours truly...

9:00 wake up because it's too blistering hot in my room to continue to sleep

9:30 go online to find that Mark is still online and it's 3:30 your time

10:00 get ready for school/do laundry/hope the washer functions properly

11:00 wake Vanessa up because she always sleeps through her alarm

12:00 start walking to school or wait for the bus in hopes it will come...but it probably won't because nothing runs on a schedule here

1:00 new product development (marketing) class...which I enjoy very much and I got an A- on my last pop quiz...not bad if I do say so myself!

3:20 marketing ends and Jon and I go to Gli Archi, the bar on the corner by school where we usually get a salad and then finish off our lunch hour with either a cappucino or caffe fredo (cold coffee...no ice! Dunkin Donuts, our relationship will continue to go strong once I return to the States...you have no conceptual idea as to how much I miss you)

4:00 personal finance class begins...6 people in the class, I'm the only girl. it's always an interesting couple of hours.

5:00 ten minute break from class where the 6 of us discuss how we are nervous to get our exams back...I got a B, second best grade in the class. Again, not bad if I do say so myself.

6:20 personal finance ends and the mental debate with myself as to whether I should walk home or take the bus.

6:25 I am walking home. the 710 Via Lenin bus never comes anyway...I take 710 Via Carini to school...it is the most annoying bus in the world to try and catch.

6:50 I finally arrive back at my apartment...I'm probably dripping in sweat at this point, as the temperatures here have risen into the mid -90's with high humidity...my curly hair can't withstand the humidity and neither can my body.

6:51 I feel like I am suffocating, my apartment is just as blistering hot as it was in the morning when I woke up and just as blistering as it was outside.

7:00 Erika and I are hungry. where is Vanessa?

7:30 Vanessa gets back from her on-site class, Art of Rome...we scrounge up something for dinner

7:35 nothing to eat. we can either, a) make peanut butter and nutella sandwiches or, b) go to the SMA Gianicolense (market) before it closes at 8:00

7:40 we're in the market, peanut butter and nutella is good, but we eat it almost everyday...and if nothing else, we need bread

7:55 the lights go out in SMA Gianicolense. they are closing and instead of making an announcement, they just turn off the lights. that's your cue to get to the register

8:00 we leave SMA Gianicolense (which is right next door to our apartment, thankfully)

8:15 we are eating bread and dipping it in oil and pepper. it's delicious. it may be the single handed thing I will miss about Italia the most.



There ya have it! That's pretty much what I do everyday, give or take. I'm going to miss so much about Italia. I'm starting to pick up on the language, but it's difficult being that I am surrounded by only Americans (pretty much) for 8 hours each day, at least. Hope everything at home is molto bene (very good) and I will be sure to update soon.

Grazie mile (thanks a million) for reading

Ciao ciao,
Kristen
xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.